The Guide is designed to help you and your organization communicate effectively with patients with diverse communication needs and preferences.
What is The Guide to Providing Effective Communication and Language Assistance Services?
- The Guide will help you and your organization provide effective communication and language assistance services to culturally and linguistically diverse individuals receiving care and services from your organization.
- It covers strategies for communicating in a way that considers the cultural, health literacy, and language needs of your patients and their families.
- Two tracks of the Guide are available.
- One is tailored to health care administrators, with information on planning, implementing, and evaluating effective communication and language assistance services.
- One is tailored to health care providers (or those providing direct care and services), with information on cross-cultural communication skills, working with an interpreter, and more.
Who should read the Guide?
- The Guide is designed for health care providers, administrators, and executives who work across a broad spectrum of health care organizations, including medical care, mental health services, oral health care, emergency services, long-term care, public health services, and more.
- The information in this Guide is relevant to both small and large health care organizations.